Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Working, working, working!!!

I am a busy little beaver today!! I am working hard on my Little Red Scrapbook July class kit. I am having a blast with this fun little kit. We are going to have a lot of fun and games and I have a really cool project for those who have signed up. Class begins on Friday and I can't wait!!!
I will post some teasers tomorrow!!!

I am also working on my Color Me Daisy 1st ever kit!! Whoo hoo!! So exciting!! Here's a sneak peek for you all!!! Way fun colors and papers and even a little project!! It is a fantastic value and if you haven't had a chance to check out the website, I encourage you to do so! Michelle is awesome and the design team totally rocks!!

Allison at the So Sketchy Blog posted sketch #26 along with the DT designs. The designs are all awesome!!! I hope you have taken time to check out the blog! Allison's sketches are awesome!! Here is my take on the sketch.


This layout means the world to me!! Our memories of our loved ones are most important! We must take care to preserve them!! My mom means the world to me and the difficulties she is facing totally breaks my heart! I poured my heart and soul into this layout and I will be one I will hang in my scraproom to remember!!!

Materials used in this layout are from the Studio Calico July kit...(this was going to be for a 5 item challenge at Studio Calico, but.....I went over by a few, lol!!) Cardstock: Bazzill, Patterned Paper: Daisy D's Terra Cotta, Yuzen Bamboo Specialty Paper (Paper Source), Passport Postcard (MM), Passport Fragile (MM); Florals: Artful Collage Flowers (Prima), and Making Memories; Alphas: Autumn Leaves; Other embellishments: Michaels lace; vintage music (Studio Calico); die cut art strips,Voila, Prima ; Vintage Resin Frames, Melissa Frances; buttons, KI LaDiDah; technique tiles, Technique Tuesday; Stickers, Passport Border and Tag Sticker, MM.

Thanks for looking and I hope you all have a great day! I've got to get to work!!!

May the son shine upon you today!!

Kristii

8 comments:

vtpuggirl said...

Beautiful layout! You rocked the Tokyo add-on! Have fun with your other beautiful kit!

Emily Pitts said...

those colors in your new kit are BEAUTIFUL! i can't wait to see what you do with them :) love your mom layout, it's stunning.

Susan Beth said...

I love the colors in the new kit - very tempting, but budget will have to prevail right now. Great layouts! Praying for your mom's comfort and for a Godly focus as she fights this battle. And for "the peace that passes all understanding" for you as you process all the things that are happening and remember they are all in God's hands. And how wonderful that he has given you scrapbooking as a way to work some of these things out in your mind and express your heart!

Dondrea said...

I love the ribbons, buttons, and flowers from that kit! Good stuff!

And the your layout is absolutely beautiful. I honestly have to go and look at it again. Everything you used worked so well together.

Helsbells said...

Amazing layout. So beautiful.

Really love the textured paper that you've used.

Christine said...

What a stunning layout, Kristii! It's a beautiful reminder of how precious your mother is to you and to the Lord as well! May you both find comfort in the arms of a loving Heavenly Father, and may you continue to cherish (and document) all the moments you have with her through your work. :)

Christine
(another So Sketchy Sistah! :-D )

scrappermimi said...

This is one beautiful LO! Great little sneak too, looks like a fun kit to work with.

StaceyM said...

Another beautiful layout. Love the look. I will be keeping your mom and family in my prayers. I know it's so hard to go through but just keep looking upward.

Also, big congrats on the Coco Daisy DT. You deserve it.