Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back in the routine!

The first day of school went well and I worked at Hallmark too last night. I am a little tired, but made it through! So far my afternoon classes are light, but that will all change soon. We have tons of boxes of books at the library and I am looking forward to processing them and looking for new prospects! I love my library job!! Getting paid to look at books and encouraging kids too, what more can a girl ask for. Ok, if I were paid to scrap, that would be heavenly!!
Benny has soccer games out of town this weekend. I am really looking forward to watching him play! He has grown so much and I am wondering how that will affect his game. He has put on 10 pounds and has grown 5 inches since his last physical. He is no longer one of the little guys. He is not overly tall mind you, just not a little underclassman any more.

I have lots of scrapping to do this week, but here is a layout I did for my LSS, Keepsakes by Design using the new KI papers.

These pictures were taken back in 1992-ages ago. Even though we homeschooled, we still took pictures and had fun traditions on the first day of school. What fun memories!!!

I hope you all have a great day, gotta get to work!!

Kristii

9 comments:

Susan Beth said...

Kristii - if that layout is for a class, shoot me an email, and I will get a sneak peek up on the KBD blog for that! If it is not for a class, I will just put it on the blog because it is great! And it is great! Can't believe five inches he grew! That's a ton!

Anonymous said...

you are one busy girl! :) love your ki pages - those apples make me smile!

mommy2alex said...

Love that you did a first day of school photo shot with your homeschoolers - so great!
Before I was a SAHM, I was a 7th gr. Language Arts teacher and am hoping to continue with my master's in Library Science so I can be a middle school librarian when my son is in school full time! I love your description of your job, that is my dream too!

mborrero said...

thanks for sharing

Rita said...

Cute LO! Love the apples!

Kendra said...

How cool that you made a big production out of the first day of school Kristii! Love that they even had backpacks.

Would you please email me your address?
kendramccracken@yahoo.com
I still need to mail out the LE stuff you won on my last give-away.

Dawn said...

I Love this LO! You are an amazing talent! :-)

Susan Beth said...

Little message for you sweetie over on my blog!

Michelle said...

Sweet layout. Must be fun to go back and scrap your kids when they were younger.