Monday, November 24, 2008

Ever Thankful!!!

Last week was a difficult week and I am hoping this week will be much brighter!
It seems that lately most of my posts have been about giving thanks, but I think that in times such as these you had better count your blessings. I refuse to be depressed!
I think that one of the hardest things in life is seeing your kids go through disappointment and difficulties. When they are younger you can put a band aid on their hurts and give them a kiss to make it all better. When they are adults, you have to encourage them and help guide them in another direction. It is painful being a parent sometimes, but through the difficulties, you know they will grow and mature and become the amazing adult God has created them to be! So here is my thankful list for this week:

1. I am thankful that each of my kids are unique. A special combination of their father and me. They each have special talents and interests. They are amazing!
2. I am thankful they are coming home for Christmas!! Whoo hoo!! This year will be very speical indeed!
3. I am so thankful we have a home for them to come back to!
4. I am extremely thankful for our jobs that provide for our needs. In this day and age when people are being laid off left and right, we still have jobs!
5. I am thankful that God has a plan. Our plans may fail, but He doesn't fail. He knows our needs and provides for them every day. He will not leave us nor forsake us!
6. I am thankful my girls get to spend Thanksgiving together. I will miss them, but I know they will have a great time together!!
7. I am thankful that I still have the time and energy to be creative.
8. I am thankful that my sweetie, my son and I make time for each other. During this busy time of 2 jobs and and just trying to make it day to day, we are making sure to have some quality time througout the week! So Important!
9. I am very thankful for an extra day off this week, Whoo hoo!! I can't wait!
10. I am thankful that we have another day to live, be happy, and rejoice regardless of the circumstance. Thank you Lord for another day!!!

Today is a very special day in fact! It is my sweet hubby's birthday!! Happy Birthday Sweetie!! You may be another day older, but you are the youngest man I know. You have so much energy and spunk! You are amazing and I love you!!!
I finished another sketch layout for the So Sketchy Blog by Allison Cope. I hope you get to take some time to check out Allison's work! She is amazing and her sketches are so fun to work with!!


I used my November SC kit for this layout. The journalings says, "Believe you are beautiful, and this is not conceit. You did not create yourself, God did and all of God's creations are beautiful".

I hope you all have a spectacular day!!

Kristii

17 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Kristii - you are so amazing and encouraging! Reading your blog makes me so happy. I agree that being a parent is so tough and I know that I'm just beginning! Sigh...but you are right about trusting in God. I am afraid I don't do that enough sometimes. And when I do, I am at peace so much more.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that Layout!!

Elisa said...

Just reading your post has made me happy. I'm going to make my own list now.

You're so talented, love your layouts, specially the scrapping the music one!

mommy2alex said...

That layout is so incredibly beautiful!!
What a great thankful list, so positive:)
Have a wonderful week of Thanks!

vtpuggirl said...

That layout is just gorgeous. I really believe that a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest child! Love your list!

liz mataraza said...

the layout is beautiful...love the bow!
what a wonderful list and happy birthday to your hubby!

mborrero said...

that girl is so pretty!

Denise said...

I am thankful for you sharing your creativity and positive outlook with me. Thank you. Many times. :o)

Rita said...

Such a wonderful, happy post today! Love your LO, and the journaling is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Im thankful for you! Your blog is so inspiring to read.
yes being a parent of grown children is difficult. Im Thankful to have Brian home this week. We have had long talks that has helped him make difficult decisions. I fell blessed that he knows/and does come to us!

God's Peace to you and your family.

JeanneK said...

Kristii, I just came snooping to see if there were and Dec. sneakes but instead I was to recieve a blessing so rich, it made it cry. You know I truely love you as a friend and I wish I could be there more for you. You are so right! God does Not make junk and we are Created in HIS Image so how could we not be beautiful! I too have many blessings in my life and I think I will list them like that on my blog. My friend, I am Thankful for You in my life!!!

Mara Campbell said...

Beautiful LO Kristii and I love your journaling in your blog. SO many things to be thankful for, thanks for reminding us!!

And HB to your DH!!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to pop in and say

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had our meal today. As DH works tommoro.

Staci Taylor said...

What a wonderful and positive list Kristii! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Gorgeous layout!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

What a wonderful list! Thanks for stopping by my blog Kristii! So glad you are on the STM team - your layouts are beautiful!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

HI Kristii - how are you? I hope you got my mail?
Hugs

Audrey Pettit said...

You are such a breath of fresh air, Kristii! LOVE your positive and uplifting attitude!
And I always, always love your work!