Friday, February 27, 2009

It's Friday!!!

I am doing a dance, I am soooo happy!!!  I have the whole weekend off, which is a very good thing because I didn't sew on Benny's costume at all last night.  I definitely have my work cut out for me!  I have a full day of school today and then I am off.  I will head to the scrapbook store and Michaels right after school then rush home and get busy!!  I have to make the Tarzan costume, a chicken costume, a lifeguard costume (Baywatch style), make sure he has what he needs for his Garth Costume,  and his Don Johnson-Miami Vice costume.  I feel like I am missing something-I hope not!!  I am going to have to scrap in there somewhere too!! It is going to be a creative weekend for sure!!

Some awesome news!!!  The Beautiful Girls layouts I did for the Little Red Scrapbook February kit was chosen as the banner of the week at the Inspire Me Blog.  You can see it here.
I am extra excited about it because it is one of my favorite layouts ever!!  Whoo hoo!!  

CPS #104

It took me a couple of days to get my CPS card done for this week.  I don't know why I had scrapper's block with this one, but I am finally happy with the results.  

I used my Studio Calico kit including Making Memories Tags and Paper, K & Co. Cardstock Ephemera, K & Co. Funky Striped Glitter Patterned Paper, Melissa Frances Frame, Kaiser Kraft Pearls,  and Stampin Up! ribbon.

Just for Fun

I also did a couple of layouts just for fun!!   I used all my favorite Graphic 45 Papers in this one.  
This beautiful picture is of my Grandmother.  I am so glad I found this picture.  It just makes me happy!!  I used papers from the Times Nouveau Collection as well as the Botanicabella Collection.  I cut the vine out with my Cricut and I used some Prima Florals, jewels and ribbon, some Michaels Ribbon and lace, and some Metals from Tim Holtz.  Below are some close-ups


The next project is a little wall hanging that I did with a picture I photoshopped of my mom.  I think I will give this project to my sister for her birthday.  It was another theraputic layout as I am still working out my feelings from my mom's passing.  
I used the G45 Playtimes Past line and I really like how it turned out.  The quote states:  God gave us memories that we might have roses in December (Barrie).  You can see in the picture below that I used some vintage glass glitter around the edges.  I also used some lace and ribbon from Michael's and Making Memories alphas.   I hope she likes it!!




Thank you for taking a peek at my heart today.  

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!
Oh and don't forget to stay tuned for a big surprise over at Scrapping the Music!!!
Kristii

19 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh Kristii, your work just amazes me. It is breathtaking. I so enjoy looking at EVERY detail that you put into each creation. God has blessed you with this wonderful talent!!!! Sounds like you have a ton of costumes to make, how in the world are you going to get this all done!!! You are on amazing lady and I thank you for your support and blessing each day!!! I so wish were were closer in miles, so that we could meet!!!! Have a Blessed weekend, sweet friend!

cannycrafter said...

These are all gorgeous!!! I love all the detail!! I have just got some Botanicabella papers delivered, so I am off to play!! x Thanks !

Deanna said...

Wow! wow! wow! Soo excited for you! that banner looks fantastic, and your projects are stunning! Seriously! You're amazingly talented! Thank you so much for sharing!

Susan Beth said...

YOur projects are so amazing! Sounds like a hugely busy weekend, but at least it is all good stuff!

Julie said...

Awesome stuff Kristti. Just love it all. I can't wait for the surprise to be revealed.

Lisa said...

Good morning Kristii! Your creations are Fab-u-lo-so!!! I love, Love, LOVE your style. Wish I could channel some of your creativity! By the way girlfriend, you really do have your work cut out for you tonight...so many costumes. Good news is the Bay-watch style one should not take long...lol!!! I will be thinking about you this weekend, hoping you are enjoying all that creative work ahead of you!

Lisa said...

One more thing... congrats on the banner layout! I think it is also one of my favorites that I've seen you do!!!

Houston said...

I am lovin' all those layers on all those amazing layouts! Good luck with all the costumes this weekend!

Nicole said...

Your layouts are always so full of the small little details it amazes me. They are gorgeous!

Lorry said...

Totally amazing layouts as ususal. LOL, good luck on all that sewing you will be very busy, but I am sure it will all work out. Congrats on the banner too!

Lauren said...

Kristii, Gorgeous work as always!!! I especially love the first layout.
Have a wonderful weekend!!

Mary Jo said...

Happy Friday, Kristii!!
And congrats on the blog header layout :0) It is a beautiful layout!
I am also loving that little wall hanging you did :0)

Anonymous said...

Wow... look at all that eye candy. The layout of your grandmother is gorgeous! What a wonderful photo to have.

Unknown said...

Mom! I love the wall hanging of Grandma! Very good. I also just love the layout you did of Heidi and I...it's one of my favorite pictures! Miss you! See you SOON!

Kathie said...

Very lovely!!
There is a little something for you on my blog
Kathie
xoxox

Unknown said...

Congrats on your banner and your daughters wedding! I looked over your blog and I just have to say how beautiful and creative your scrapbook pages are. Awesome blog!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Kristii your layouts are just stunning! Congrats on making the banner of the week! The wall hanging of your mother is a beautiful tribute!

Carla said...

Kristii, I love all of your work!! You are such an inspiration to everyone!! Congrats on the layout for the blog banner, you deserve it!!

Unknown said...

it is a beautiful page