Sunday, March 22, 2009

We're back!!!!

Wow!!! What an awesome Spring Break!!!!  Although from the picture below, you would never guess it was Spring and the picture wasn't even taken in Montana, lol!!  Who would have guessed we would leave 50 degree weather in Montana for the cold, snowy weather in Seattle!!  We seem to always find the cold spots during Spring Break, lol.  I remember the year we went to Arizona and we had snow in Kingman and had to wear our winter coats to Spring Training in Tucson. You never know!!
It was so good to see Matt and Beth!!  They are doing fantastic and it truly seems that Seattle agrees with them!!!  We did some shopping in downtown Seattle, had some coffee and pastries in Poulsbo, and ate way tooo much.  We went and looked at houses with them and just toured around the area.  It was a great time!!  The next picture was taken on our last night with them.   Of course we had to eat at the Boat Shed in Bremerton and the food was delicious.  Don't they look fantastic!!
I will post more pictures of our trip tomorrow.  I have lots of layouts to post tonight and I need to get some sleep!!!

The first one is for last week's Scrapping the Music Challenge #77.  I used my Studio Calico kit and Ben wasn't too excited about the colors.  I thought it was fun and I loved how the Sassafrass Lass paper accentuated the motion in the bottom picture.  This week's challenge is based on White Horse by Taylor Swift.  I hope you can play along!!!
The next layout was done for the So Sketchy Blog by Allison Cope.  The inspiration for this layout came from Nicole Harper who used the city scape on a layout for Studio Calico
I thought it would be fun to do a layout adding the Space Needle to the city scape with the title being:  We left our Hearts in Seattle.  Every time we visit our kids, we always leave a part of our hearts there!!   I used my Studio Calico kit for this layout too!! I am just loving the March kit.  It is awesome!!  The sketch by Allison is fantastic and I hope you take some time to check out the blog!!!

The next layouts are for the Little Red Scrapbook March kit.  I had a lot of fun with these 3 Bugs in a Rug papers.  You will have to check out LRS for the March DT Challenge.  It is all about journaling.  I don't journal much on my layouts and I am wanting to get more intimate in what I say to my family, so I am working on journaling.

 I loved this Crate Paper die cut, it is perfect for journaling.  This is a note to my sweet Heidi with a quote stating:  Wherever you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own Sunshine.
The next layout is another journaling challenge- Journal one word per line.  I used the quote: "Life is a rainbow, you need both the sun and the rain to make the colors appear".  Learning to walk has its ups and downs, but when it all comes together you get a smile like this on your face!!
The next layout is of our home.  I just love our home!! We are soooo very blessed!!
The last layout is of My Little Cookie Monster.  She always loved to help make cookies!!!  I don't know if you can see, but she has flour all over her face!  What a sweetie!!
I used my Cricut to make this fun little strawberry card.  You just gotta love that little machine!! It makes your supplies soooo versatile!
I have lots of pictures of our trip to Seattle to share tomorrow!!
I will be working like crazy to get my kits together for my last class at Keepsakes.  I will post pictures of them tomorrow too!!

Hope you all have a Fantastic Monday!!
Kristii

10 comments:

Maria Therese said...

beautifull layouts!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY! So glad U are back, safe and sound!!!!!! :):):):):) GREAT photos....and the LO's....well....U know I KNOW that they are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa said...

Amazing work as always! Glad you had a safe trip. Looking forward to see more pics from your trip! Happy Monday!

Houston said...

Wow, what gorgeous layouts! I love the what you did with the first two, adding photos into the patterned paper!

Carla said...

Kristii your layouts are awesome as usual!!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip, in spite of the cold and snow! Very pretty picture of the snowy tree, and the kids, looking forward to seeing the rest of your pics!!! PS. check my blog, I have tagged you!!

Rita said...

Glad you had a nice visit! And wow,look at all of those pages! Love them all!

Mary Jo said...

Glad your trip went well and your home safe and sound :0)
Beautiful work as usual!!!

leah said...

Gorgeous stuff!! :)

Lisa Carroll said...

This is the first I have heard of the Little Red Shoebox kits and I am in love. I just wish March wasn't already sold out. I can't wait to see April, I think just sign up. BTW, All your layouts are amazing!

Lisa Carroll said...

Sorry, I meant Little Red Scrapbook. duh.