Monday, June 21, 2010

Hero Arts Cards #1

Good Morning my friends!!!
I hope you had a great weekend!! We had some crazy weather here in Montana, but we did see the sunshine intermittently so that definitely brightened up our days!!!

We had a wonderful time with dad yesterday!! We were able to put in one of our square foot garden plots and finished planting one of our flower beds. It was so nice to work outside for a change. We grilled steaks in the afternoon and during the evening we had fun being storm chasers!! We saw some amazing lightning strikes and the rain was so heavy and fierce, we couldn't even hear each other talk. I think dad truly enjoyed the day!!

I wanted to share with you one of the Hero Arts Cards that I taught in my class last week.
Supplies Used:
Hero Arts Big and Small Flowers Set
Bazzill Cardstock
Tsukineko Memento Ink-Tuxedo Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Tumbled Glass
PaperTrey Ink Sentiment Stamps
Doodlebug Glitter
Kaiser Craft Pearls
Martha Stewart Punches
Twine

1. Randomly stamp the background of an A2 card and fold in half.
2. Layer a white strip of cardstock and layer over a piece of kraft cardstock as shown.
3. Punch a scallop border and butterfly out of contrasting paper and randomly stamp to add depth.
4. Layer and adhere to cardbase as shown.
5. Stamp flowers with Tumbled Glass ink onto white cardstock and cut out.
6. Add ink to the edges of flowers to highlight.
7. Ink centers of flower stamps and stamp onto yellow cardstock, cut out and adhere to the center of flower.
8. Stamp leaves out of green paper and assemble flowers onto card base.
9. Embellish with glitter, twine and add sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!!!
I hope you have a wonderful Monday!!
Kristii

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute card! I so wish we lived closer and I could come to your classes!

I'm doing a RAK on my blog, please visit. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee those flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)