Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 7

Hi there dear sweet friends!!!! I hope this post finds you relaxing in the easy chair enjoying your evening!!! I have been busy at work on another project for the 12 days of Christmas Challenge. Today's project is a gift of thanks. Everyone needs thank you cards this time of the year, so why not make up a little set for a special friend?

Gift of Thanks Card Set
I love to make sets of cards that use the same idea and use different colors to make them all unique! It takes no time at all to make a set once you have the basic idea!!!
Supplies Used:
All items are PTI unless otherwise noted:
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist
Cardstock: Bazzill Red
Larger than Life Stamps and Dies
Signature Greetings Stamp
Banner Borders Die
Yellow Plaid Ribbon: Joann's Fabrics
Ribbon: Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Crushed Olive, Barn Red, Brushed Corduroy
PTI Inks: Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush
Colorbox Classic Pigments Cateye
Patterned Paper: The Girls Paperie by Margie Tinsel and Twig
PTI Button in Sweet Blush
PTI Button Twine
The dots were stamped with an eraser using one of the Banner Borders as a template

Here's a close-up of each of the cards:
The cards all measure 4 3/4" x 4 1/4".
For gift giving, I tied them with PTI Button Twine and added a button embellishment.
I changed the base colors of each card, but used the same green on each design.I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope that you have been inspired!!!
Hope you have a wonderful evening!!!
See you tomorrow for day 8!!!
Kristii

15 comments:

Trees said...

Those are gorgeous! I love the polka dots on top of the rustic cream, *sigh*

Sue Plote said...

Kristii, your cards are awesome. I love the gingham ribbon, the pencil dot, and...well, just everything. I may just have to make a set just like it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Kristii! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mara Campbell said...

so so so pretty! I love how you did the same design but with different colors. Somebody will be very lucky to get this gift set!

Unknown said...

Stunning!! such beautiful cards!! love the colors, the layout...and those die cut flowers are just so pretty!

Stephanie said...

These are so, so pretty! I love the pastel colors you used and how you tied them up with a little bit of twine. Just perfect!

Emily Keaton said...

Thank you notes are such a thoughtful gift and these are purely delightful!! These colors are just beautiful. :)

Karen C. said...

The polka dot background is such a fun idea. I love the way you used the same design, but changed the colour scheme - just gorgeous!

Rhonda said...

OK!!! I'm inspired!! Casing these beauties.

Mary Jo said...

Such great ideas, Kristii!!!

BethieJ said...

Kristii these are WONDERFUL! What a THOUGHTFUL gift, and I LOVE the color combos you used!!!
THANKS for playing along on the 12 days of Xmas!
Have a GREAT day!

Chris said...

Beautiful!!

What a fabulous gift!
You make it look so easy.

Kara said...

love how only one element is changes,yet they feel so different!! so pretty

Jen Carter said...

Those are gorgeous! I love each of them (although I am partial to the last one with Aqua Mist)! Gorgeous work!

Heather Rogers said...

Love this set. They are so pretty. :)