Monday, January 10, 2011

Hoopla Birthdays!!!!

Hi there dear friends!!! I am so excited to bring you my first post as a Glitz Design Team member!!!! I really wish you could see the smile on my face right now...It's the biggest smile ever!!! I just love this company and being a designer for Glitz Designs is a dream come true!!!

While contemplating about what I would do for my first projects, I was creating a banner for my daughter's surprise birthday party and the light bulb immediately went off! Birthday cards!!!! January and February are birthday months in our family, and since the Hoopla line is all about celebrations and birthdays, birthday cards became the perfect choice!
For the first card I decided to play with the Hoopla Cake Stamp. I stamped the image onto 3 different patterned papers and fussy cut each layer out. I die cut a piece of cardstock and added rub ons that I cut apart making it look like they covered the whole die cut. No use putting rub ons underneath the focal point! Of course I had to add punches, ribbon, and a pretty button!!

Supplies used:
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Papers: Polka, Pipework, Frames
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Rub Ons
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Clear Acrylic Stamps: Hoopla Cake

other supplies:
Kaiser Craft Pearls, Joann's Buttons, PTI Die: Mat Stack #4, Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink by Ranger, PTI Rustic White cardstock, punches: Stampin up and Martha Stewart, ribbon from my stash
For the second card, I stamped a Glitz Design Fancy Frame onto the backside of the Hoopla Zebra papers and heat embossed it. I cut out the frame and attached it to the front of my card. Then I adhered the rub ons and added some tulle, felt and a flower. So easy and way fun!Supplies used:
Glitz Design "Hoopla" papers: Zebra and Polka
Glitz Design "Hoopla" Rub Ons
Glitz Design "Distressing" Clear Acrylic Stamps: Fancy Frames
Glitz Design Tulle

other supplies:
PTI Cardstock: Rustic White and Black, Tim Holtz Ideology Trimmings: Lavish, Kaiser Craft pearls, PTI felt, Versamark Ink, and Ranger Super Fine Detail black embossing powder

Wishing you the happiest of days!!!
Kristii

20 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Kristi - those are beautiful cards!
Glitz is so lucky to have you :)

~amy~ said...

WOW....glitzy goodness...I love your Glitz projects...soooo beautiful!

hilde janbroers said...

gorgeous card!! congrats on being their DT member!

curlyqmosaics said...

These cards are soooo gorgeous!!!! LOVE!

Lea L. said...

These are just fabulous, Kristii! I love the tag on that first one...and they way you covered it in rub-ons!! So happy to have you on the team!

Anonymous said...

Lovin' your cards, Kristii, your work is wonderful as always!

Laurie said...

My jaw just hit the floor! These are soooo beautiful! You always add in the most gorgeous details!

Lorraine said...

Ooh, gorgeous creations! Love the design & glitz!

Kara said...

these are gorgeous!! i LOVE the balloons!

Scrappi Sandi said...

Congrats on the DT spot...I'm sure they are thrilled to have you on board! Gorgeous cards!!

Susan Beth said...

Wonderful cards! Does this mean you are off to CHA as part of their design team, or just overwhelmed with CHA assignments? You are so talented and I am so excited to see the world getting a chance to acknowledge and appreciate that!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such pretty cards!

Mara Campbell said...

Absolutely beautiful Kristii! I love the black and aqua together. Glitz is a lucky company to have you!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the DT Kristii!! I love love love love love love these cards! I am LOVING those balloons on that second one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Christiane said...

oh my, these are stunning ones!!
huge huge congrats!!!

Jocelyn said...

You AMAZE me...these cards are just stunning!!! I adore the colors!!!!

Wishing you a great one!!! :-)

Carla said...

How exciting Kristii!!! A DT member for Glitz!!! Your cards are soooo amazing!! And happy birthday to all those in your family celebrating!

nancy said...

Great way to start with Glitz! The Hoopla collection is gorgeous, but what you did with it makes Hoopla look even better.

Kim Strother said...

Congrats on making the team! I love the cards. We have a Feb bday too. Sweet 16! I have been making banners and working on tissue pompoms!

Anonymous said...

These cards are stunning and congrats!!