Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Feeling a little "Nutty" tonight

Hi my creative friends!  I have been feeling very under the weather lately and I've been spending more time sleeping than crafting.  I am so tired of being sick, I thought I should just craft right through it tonight!  So I searched for a challenge and found the Vertical Sketch Challenge over at Moxie Fab World!!

Here's the sketch:
and here's my take on the sketch:
 I just had to break out my brand new Papertrey Ink Autumn Acorn stamps for this one!! As I was going through my felt to cut out the sweet little leaves, I realized that I need to buy more!  I am so glad I had a little Simply Chartreuse felt leftover or I would have been very disappointed!  You can be sure I have already loaded my cart full of felt, especially with the holidays on the horizon!!
I cut the leaves out of Simply Chartreuse felt and added a little stitching.  I die cut the acorns and then stamped the acorn twice, once on cardstock and once on patterned paper.  I just love the different patterns available in the stamp set.  They are just tooooo cute!!

Papertrey Ink Supplies Used:
Rustic Cream Cardstock
Fall Prints and Patterns Patterned Paper
Autumn Acorn Stamps and Dies
Simply Chartreuse Felt
Fine Linen Twill Ribbon and Buttons
Other Supplies:  Prima Lace; Memento Rich Cocoa Ink; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink

Thanks for stopping by!!  I'm off to get more rest!!
Have a wonderful Wednesday,
Kristii

23 comments:

Lorry said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
Get well soon Kristii

Amy Kolling said...

Oh Kristii, I hope you feel better soon! I LOVE your card. It uses the new PTI set that I have fallen in love with. Your use of the lace trim is a perfect touch.

Mara Campbell said...

This is so sweet, I love the 3 panels of patterned paper. Great job with the sketch!!

Kara said...

this is beautiful!!

Annette Allen said...

now that is a beautiful card... great take on the sketch..

~amy~ said...

such a sweet card!

NancyB said...

I love your card - those colors are pretty. Love the lace and ribbon too!

Unknown said...

I love this card Kristii! You are so creative....even when you are not feeling well. I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Sarah said...

Oh, Kristii! This is a gorgeous card. Love the way you used the new acorns and leaves for the trio of elements from the original sketch.

Mary Jo said...

your cards are always simply gorgeous, Kristii!!! :)

C said...

Wow, Kristii..this is just beautiful! Perfect take on the sketch.

Ida said...

Beautiful card. Love your gorgeous acorns and the felt leaves.

Anonymous said...

omgosh, this is adorable, love your take on the sketch :) Hope your feeling better btw and thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment, it's always appreciated !!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kristii! Thanks for linking this up to the Vertical Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Marybeth said...

First words out of my mouth Oh my gosh! This is gorgeous . Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Take care and get well soon.

Elena said...

absolutely love your card! and hope you feel better soon!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty, Kristii! I love it!

Ann said...

Just lovely! That acorn embellishment is just perfect! I knew I should have ordered that set!

Sabrina said...

Love everything about your take on the sketch!

Margaret M said...

Love it Kristii! I like the design of the card and of course those cute little leaves and acorns!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

T said...

Love the card! So creative!

Gerdine said...

Kristii, hope you don't mind but last week I lifted this card. Didn't know where I've got the idea and just found it this afternoon! Made a link to your card. Hope you take it as a compliment!