Sunday, September 11, 2011

Card Patterns #132

Good Morning Dear friends!!  I am a little somber on this 9-11 morning. My heart aches for those who lost loved ones on that infamous day and this is definitely a day of remembrance and reflection.  I think Amy Coon summed it up best when she said, 
We don't live in America. America lives in all of us. And no one has the power to take that.

My heart aches, and yet and I am so thankful for those who put their lives on the line so that we can live in the "land of the free and the home of the brave".  Thank you to my son who is scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan in April of 2012.  I have mixed feelings about it all, yet, I am so very proud of him and his willingness to serve.  We love you Bub and we lift you up in prayer each and every day as your deployment draws near!  

On to Card Patterns #132.  Here's the sketch:

and here's my take on the sketch:
I used Pink Paislee Butterfly goodies along with Vintage Hymanal papers and Papertrey Ink Simple Sunflower Stamps for this week's sketch.
I turned the sketch on it's side and used a tag and button and butterfly for the embellishments shown in the sketch and finished the cluster with my favorite seam binding bow.

Supplies used:
Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Nature Sanctuary Paper, Clear Pops Dimensional Stickers and Ephemera
Vintage Hymnal Paper
Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock and buttons, Simple Sunflower Stamps, Tiny Tags Die and Stamps
Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger:  Victorian Velvet, Crushed Olive and Tea Dye

Thanks for stopping by!!! I hope you join in the fun at Card Patterns!!
Kristii

4 comments:

TesaB said...

It's been a day of rememberance and sorrow. Your quote is a good one.

And fantastic card. It's soooo beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Such a pretty card, Kristii! A day of rememberance, for sure!

Gerdine said...

This card is a beauty! Our thoughts of rememberance are with you all.

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card. ;)