Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 Days of Christmas - Day 7 Tea Dyed Stocking featuring Lisa Pace's Dr. Warner's Corsets

Happy 7th Day of Christmas my friends!!! I have a fun little tea-dyed stocking project for you today!!
1.  Tea Dye any stocking or sock.  I purchased my stocking already tea-dyed from Real Deals.
2.  Stamp Vintage image and color.  I used Lisa Pace's Dr. Warner's Corsets from her Antiquated Collection by Pink Persimmon.  
I just have to say that the Dr. Warner's Corsets is my favorite stamp so far from her collection, but that is until I work with the other sets! They are all absolutely fabulous!



These are the Copic Markers I used for this project:
3.  After coloring, I cut the image to size and then I painted it with Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.  When the paint was dry, I heavily inked the entire image with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  You can see the depth the crackle paint and ink added to the image.
4.  I framed the image with Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Ornate Plates and adhered the image to the stocking.
5.  I added some ribbon, Prima Lace, Maya Road Tea Garden Ribbon, some greenery and a Tim Holtz Ideology Key.
Here's what it looks like hanging on my wall:
Thanks for stopping by for today's installment of the 12 days of Christmas!!!
I hope you have a marvelous day,
Kristii

1 comment:

TesaB said...

*Sigh* Such a beautiful stocking. LOOOOVE it! :)