Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dance in Sunshine- Christmas

Good Morning dear friends!!!  I have some more Christmas projects for you using Glitz Design Dance in Sunshine Goodies!  When I first saw the Dance in Sunshine line, the first thing that came to my mind was my kids!  The rainy theme of the papers reminded me of Seattle which is where my kids are located.  I put that thought out of my head, though, and I decided to take on the challenge to make Christmas goodies with these beautiful papers and embellishments.

In my first project for today I used the Dance in Sunshine Damask paper along with Dance in Sunshine Peek a Boos for a very Victorian themed card:
I fussy cut the vintage lady and yellow roses and added the remaining part of the Peek a Boo to the background.  I die cut the Christmas trees and stamped them with Papertrey Ink's Holiday Lights stamps and then embossed with Fine Gold Embossing Powder.  After I embossed the trees, I inked them with Tim Holtz new Evergreen Bough Distress Ink and added pearls to light the trees.
From this viewpoint, you can see just how pretty the Victorian lady is!!  I just love Glitz Design Peek a Boos!  They totally add a whole new dimension to each and every project you make!  

Supplies used:
Glitz Design "Dance in Sunshine" Paper: Damask
Glitz Design "Dance in Sunshine" Peek a Boos
Papertrey Ink: Rustic Cream Cardstock and Holiday Photo Finisher Dies and Stamps
Hand-Dyed Seam Binding: MemrieMare
Recollections Pearls
Doily from my stash
Tim Holtz Distress Ink:  Tea Dye and Evergreen Bough
Prima Floral and Lace
Memento Ink:  Tuxedo Black

I used the same goodies to make a little gift card holder:

I die cut the envelope out of Dance in Sunshine Damask Paper.  The inside of the gift card holder is a beautiful yellow and contrasts perfectly with the bright blue Walmart gift card.
I wrapped the envelope with some vintage hymnal paper.
I framed a Dance in Sunshine Whatnot with a Prima frame and added ribbon and roses to embellish.

I embossed a tag with Silver Fine Embossing powder and inked the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.
Although gift card holders are easy to make, a little extra embellishing can make them very special indeed!!

Supplies used:
Glitz Design "Dance in Sunshine" Paper: Damask
Glitz Design  "Dance in Sunshine" Whatnots
Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, Ribbon, Gift Card Holder Die, Holiday Lights Stamps and Holiday Photo Finishers Dies and Stamps
Prima Shabby Metal Baroque Frame
Recollections Roses
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Tea Dye
Vintage Hymnal Paper

Thanks for stopping by!!
Wishing you a very Glitzy Day,
Kristii

1 comment:

Elise said...

THESE projects are delicious on every crafty level - I'm LITERALLY salivating! {YOU are SO talented!} I love EVERY glittered, embossed and lovingly crafted detail! YEOWZA - the spirit of Christmas moves DELIGHTFULLY through you! Fa la LOVELY!