Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hugs and Kisses with Glitz Design

Happy last day of January my friends!!  Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I'm totally inspired by all things red, pink, hearts and flowers!!  This month's Glitz Design Challenge fits right in with my Valentine inspiration and I am hoping that you'll join in on the fun!!!  The focus is on color:


 
I do have to say that this is one of my all time favorite color combinations and I thoroughly enjoyed playing along!!!  I really wanted to challenge myself to make a card using red as the main color, which would be a bit tricky since I don't currently have any red Glitz Design papers.  I was able to pull the red highlights out of aBeautiful Dreamer Whatnot using red cardstock and wrinkled ribbon.  I am thrilled with how it turned out!
I used a heart doily to add texture and create a shabby chic feel to the card.  The sentiment was made using Beautiful Dream Epoxy Stickers.
In this photo you can see that I layered a Peek a boo over the patterned paper to give the card depth and interest.

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Patterned Paper: Polka
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Whatnots
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Peek a Boos
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Epoxy Words

Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream and Pure Poppy Cardstock; My Craft Spot Wrinkled Ribbon; Button and doily from my stash

My second card is sweet and romantic....so very Beautiful Dreamer inspired:
I used Beautiful Dreamer Papers and a Whatnot to make the layered base.  I added a heart shaped doily and a Rose Whatnot to create the beautiful focal point and I added some ribbon, hat pins, and Filigree Border to embellish.
Supplies used:
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Papers: Polka and Stripe
Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Whatnots

Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White Cardstock, Friendship Jar Spring Filler Stamps, Double-Edged Banner Die and Filigree Border Die, My Craft Spot Wrinkled ribbon and Red Bakers Twine;  Floral Ribbon and Doily from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll join in the Glitz Design Challenge fun!!!
Wishing you a very Glitzy Day,
Kristii

4 comments:

Lemon Lane Studio said...

They are both gorgeous Kristi. I think the red is my favorite.

Lea L. said...

These are so pretty, Kristii! Love how you brought in the red....I threw that color in there as a little bit of a twist, and you took the challenge on masterfully!

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards! So rich in color and romantic, so lovely!

Kathy Martin said...

Very pretty Valentine cards!