Monday, March 12, 2012

CupCards {to Go}March Reveal

Hi there dear friends!!! I am so excited to bring you the CupCards {to Go}March Reveal!!!  This month's kit, Hillside, is all about spring!!  The papers are fun and cheery!  They're just what you need to brighten your day!!!   Here's the kit:
My first card uses the lovely yellow gingham pattern in the kit:
When I first saw the Paper, I thought of a baby nursery!  Of course, I had to get out my Papertry Ink Night, Night Moon and Sweet Baby and Sweet Spring Stamps.
The bakers twine matched PTI's Berry Sorbet Ink perfectly!!!  I just love all the little goodies that come in each month's kits.  The little brads are absolutely fabulous touches!!!
The stickers that are included in the kit are absolutely fabulous and are so inspiring in the creation of each and every card!!
This card is based on this month's sketch.  I was pretty excited to find that the sentiment sticker worked perfect with the sketch!!  
I used a PTI Doily Die as the base for the sticker and embellished with felt roses made with My Favorite Things Dies.  I added some of the beautiful brads to the roses to add that special touch!
The next card was made combining two stickers from the kit.  I just loved the colors of both stickers and had to add them to a pink background to make the card pretty and special!!  One little note, I scrunched one of the little flowers in the kit to add to the center of the bow.  It just adds a little sparkle and fun to the project, rather than just a flat flower gracing the center!
I also added ribbon from the kit, a scrunched seam binding ribbon and doily to complete this very easy and sweet card.
I wanted to make a boys card out of these fun papers and I had some fun interactive PTI dies that I was dying to use!!
I used the sticker from the kit to set the tone of the card...what boy wouldn't love a "Super Star" on his card?  I pulled out my PTI Flyaway stamps and dies along with a PTI cloud die.
Pull the tag on the card and you will find a fun little message which reads, "Wishing you a birthday as special as you are!"
The last card I made with this kit was for the CupCards {to Go} challenge.  We were to use the red diamond transparency paper with the cute little arrow sticker stack.  I used the transparency as a mat and I used the arrows as bow tails under the flowers.
I, once again, used the stickers as the motivation for my card.  I just loved each and every one of the stickers!!  I added a PTI Coverplate Quatrefoil die panel to the base and added some flowers, handcut butterflies, button and twine, PTI Parisian Lace Doily, ribbon and Recollections Pearls.

This kit was so fun and easy to work with!!! I absolutely loved it!!
Thanks for joining me in the reveal!!
Kristii

4 comments:

danni reid. said...

i love, love your cards kristii, gorgeous as always

Angelica Turner said...

Wow!!! Kristii, what a gorgeous collection of cards.

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards, Kristii! Love what you've done with the kit. And so love the addition of the sweet PTI goodies, too. :)

cherry said...

Beautiful!!!! love those butterflies and the lattice