Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #58

Good Morning dear friends!!!  I'm so glad it's Wednesday!!  I am still trying to get back into the swing of things after our vacation in Washington last week!  I did spend the evening making a card for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge.  It felt so good to craft for fun and get my creative juices flowing once again!!!

Here's the challenge:

Make It Monday #58- Graduated Backgrounds

and here's my take on the challenge:

I used PTI's Whale Wishes Stamp set along with their Movers and Shakers: Sliders dies. I used Copic Markers for this technique as posted in this video:
 After I colored a square piece of paper with Copic markers, I cut three strips and punched each of them with a scallop punch.  After I scalloped the edges, I glued them to a piece of computer paper and die cut the entire piece with the tag portion of the Movers and Shakers die.  That way, I had a perfect match to the original interactive portion of the card.

I stamped the inside of the interactive tag using PTI Movers and Shakers Sentiments Stamp sets.  The Whale Wishes stamps were a little larger than the space inside the card, so I used my computer to print the sentiment onto the patterned paper.
I inked the Whale with Enchanted Evening Ink and then I pressed the inked stamp onto a dry Gingham Background Basics stamp.  Then, I stamped the image onto a die cut whale resulting in the subtle gingham pattern on the image.  Way fun!!
Supplies Used:
PTI Whale Wishes Stamps and Dies
PTI Movers and Shakers Stamps and Dies
PTI Heart Borders Die
PTI Hawaiian Shores and Stamper's Select White Cardstock
PTI Hawaiian Shores Grosgrain Ribbon
PTI Enchanted Evening Buttons
Follow Your Heart Patterned Papers by Rhonna Farrer for My Mind's Eye
Copic Markers:

Thanks for stopping by!!
I hope you have a fabulous day!!!
Kristii

11 comments:

Tricia said...

Okay this is the cutest little whale card. You are making me want to go order it right now. You are making those slider cards look easy. I still haven't tried out the slider die I purchased. I may have to now.

Unknown said...

That is a neat card! I love the interaction, and the whale, and the colors! Fun!

Marybeth said...

This is really cute , you did a great job on this one. Love the way the water turned out with using the MIM.

Colleen said...

This is so darn cute! And you incorporated the Movers & Shakers die, too...what a fabulous card!!!

danni reid. said...

oh my! how beautiful kristii!

Sadie said...

Love all the colors you used on this card and I'm loving that whale! Cute card!

Furniture said...

Wow! I really love it. The whale and the blend of colors is perfect!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Adorable! Love that whale...

Marlena M. said...

You are BRILLIANT Kristii! Great idea to create the water with this technique.

Jessica said...

I love this little whale!

Suzanne Russell said...

Cute, Cute, Cute, Kristii! And a pop-up to boot! I love the way you used the technique on scallops to make the sea.