Monday, March 12, 2012

Prickley Pear Mondays - Spring

Happy Monday everyone!!  Today is the first official day of spring break and wouldn't you know we'd wake up to a layer of snow on the ground!  Isn't that the way it goes?  The high is expected to be 55 degrees with a lot of wind, so it is going to warm up, thank goodness!!

With the layer of snow on the ground, what better way to warm things up than with a spring themed card?
I used Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp's Spring Stamp for today's card:

The coloring possibilities with this stamp are endless!!!  I used October Afternoon's Sidewalks papers for this project and used the colors from the papers as my inspiration:
The colors alone brighten my day!!  The yellow is just like a burst of sunshine!!!
Supplies Used:
Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp's Spring Stamp
October Afternoon Sidewalks Papers
Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White Cardstock
Papertrey Ink Medium Scallop Border Die
Stampin Up! Scallop Punch
Recollections Pearls
Doily and ribbon from Joann's
Copic Markers: R83 Rose Mist, R 27 Cadmium Red, B0000 Pale Celestine, YG03 Yellow Green, and Y11 Pale Yellow

Thank you so much for stopping by today!!
I appreciate you and wish you a fabulous day,
Kristii

8 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous card! Love all of the color, scallops, that big bow and your layout!!

Geri said...

Well, the colors alone brighten my day also, but the whole thing is just gorgeous!! Love the papers AND the stamped image, and the lovely way you have put it all together!! Have a great week, Kristii!!

Jeanne said...

I love the colors they are so refreshing and Spring-like

TesaB said...

Ah! What a totally GORGEOUS card. Love everything about it - the colors are AMAZING, makes me smile and think of beautiful spring!!! Yay!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Be still my heart! My gosh, you are so fabulous! This card is absolutely gorgeous, Kristii!

cherry said...

Beautiful Kristii....gets me in the mood for warmer weather too...it has been snowing here as well!

Carla said...

What a beautiful card Kristii!! Its definitely spring in the St. Louis area, we reached over 80 degrees today!! Crazy!

Angelica Turner said...

This is so beautiful, I absolutely love the bright happy colors.