Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Travel Journal Gift Set with Glitz Design

Good morning sweet friends!!  I am excited to share a little Travel Journal Gift Set made with Glitz Design Happy Travels goodies!!!  My daughter and a very good friend of mine took "vacations of a lifetime" this month and their travels gave me the idea of making a gift for traveling friends and relatives.

I embellished a kraft Moleskine Journal and added some envelopes for ephemera on the inside and added a card to complete the ensemble.
The card features stamped die cuts using the Glitz Design Happy Travels Clear Stamps, which I just love!!!
I masked the edges of the die cuts before I stamped to leave a nice clean border.  I added a rolled felt flower, lace, and cream seam binding to all the sweet little Glitz Happy Travels goodies.
Decorating Moleskine Journals is one of my all-time favorite gift ideas and making a travel journal is easy with Glitz Design goodies!!
I started with a Happy Travels paper layer and added a Happy Travels Titles Sticker and Rhinestone along with a Tim Holtz Ideology Word Key, some lace, ribbon and floral.  I machine stitched along the edge of the Paper Layer to add a finished look.
On the inside of the journal, I added some envelopes to hold ephemera and trinkets.  
To insert the envelopes in the journal, I cut a 3 x 8-1/4 inch piece of patterned paper.  I scored the paper every 3/4 inch and folded accordion-style along the score lines.

I glued the edges of the folded piece of paper to the inside cover and the inside page of the journal.  Then, I glued the envelopes to the folds as shown.


I embellished the rest of the journal with Happy Travels goodies to complete the project.
I look forward to giving this to someone before their next trip.  Who knows, maybe I'll give it to my daughters and we'll go on a trip together!!!

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design Happy Travels Papers: Bicycle, Polka and World
Glitz Design Happy Travels Stickers: Layered, Epoxy, and Giant Rhinestones
Glitz Design Happy Travels Clear Stamps
Other Supplies: Moleskine Journal; Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy Felt, Seed Packet Die, Framed Out #1 Mini Die, Heart Border Die and Button Card Die; Hand Dyed Seam Binding: MemrieMare; Prima Lace and Floral

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I gave you some ideas for a journal of your own!!!
Have a wonderful day!!
Kristii

2 comments:

Lea L. said...

I adore this little travel set, Kristii!! You did such an awesome job on this!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is an absolutely beautiful set, Kristii! How wonderful it would be to have such a lovely journal to hold trip souvenirs and trinkets. Love the little envelopes you included on the inside. Stunning card, too!