Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Celebrate Fall with Glitz Design

Happy September sweet friends!!  I'm so excited for fall and all the changes the season brings!!I decided to celebrate the change of seasons by making some fun, fall shaped cards!!

The first card uses a scalloped card created with the Glitz Designs Happy Travels line and the Wild Card Cricut Cartridge set at 4 3/4 inches.


I die cut several leaves from Happy Travels patterned papers and felt and layered them on top of a die cut doily. I also used some Glitzers from the Glitz Design Happy Travels collection. They add a little sparkle and a lot of fun to any little project!!  I printed out a sweet little bird from the Graphics Fairy and added him to the sweet little fall scene and added a little stamped double-ended banner for the sentiment.
I layered the paper leaves and felt leaves and stitched them together with a long stitch.  I folded the leaves to add some texture and fun to the card.

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design Happy Travels 6x6 Paper Pad
Glitz Design Happy Travels Glitzer
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, Ribbon and Felt; Papertrey Ink Parisian Lace Doily Die; Prickley Pear Fall Leaves Dies; Bird Graphic from the Graphics Fairy

In my second card I used the Glitz Design French Kiss line along with the Shape-Up Series Pumpkin Die by Papertrey Ink.
I die cut the back of the French Kiss Stripe paper using Papertrey Ink Pumpkin Sections, and I die cut the base of the pumpkin using the French Kiss Floral paper.  I really liked the negative image from the sections , so I used that image instead.  I die cut several leaves and rolled a felt flower to embellish.
Supplies used:
Glitz Design French Kiss Floral Patterned Paper
Glitz Design French Kiss Stripe Patterned Paper
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, felt and twine; Papertrey Ink Melon Berry Felt, Papertrey Ink Autumn Acorns Stamp Set; Hand Dyed Seam Binding; Recollections Pearl

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a very Glitzy Day!

4 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Both are awesome, but the pumpkin is for sure my fave... I sure do love that die (don't have it yet though)... Love all your leafy layers, too.... These are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love this round card - so many sweet details!! And the felt flower on that pumpkin, oh my! Thanks also for your kind comment (sorry I only get to answer now) - I think these creations of yours are fabulous! Best wishes from Heidelberg :)
Nina

Lea L. said...

These are SO cute and fabulous, Kristii! Great use of non-traditional paper for fall!

alexandra s.m. said...

My Oh My! Each of your projects is just absolutely breathtaking!!

TFS~