Sunday, December 8, 2013

Twelve Days of Christmas Day 6: Sugar Cookies

Hi there dear friends!! I hope you are having a joyous Holiday Season!! Friday night my hubby and I got our Grandparent fix babysitting for some friends of ours!  It was a ton of fun and we were blessed beyond measure!  We read books, played Duck, Duck, Goose, and watched a little Frosty the Snowman!  It was an enjoyable evening indeed!  Today we spend the entire day decorating our house and doing laundry.  Whew!  I'm exhausted!  I also baked some sugar cookies today and I used my all time favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe!

We call the recipe Nancy's Sugar Cookies as the recipe was given to us by a dear friend twenty years ago and they have been a family favorite ever since.  They are so good, I thought I would share them with you!!
\
Nancy's Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1 scant tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cream of tartar
6 cups flour

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, milk, and vanilla.  Mix together flour, salt, soda, powder and cream of tarter.  Mix dry ingredients with butter mixture one cup at a time.  Refrigerate one hour.  Roll, cut and bake 6-10 min @ 350 degrees.

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!! You can also cut this recipe in half for a quick batch of sugar cookies if need be!!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for the next installment of the Twelve Days of Christmas!
Wishing you a wonderful week,
Kristii

2 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

YUM!!!!

Darnell said...

Thank you for sharing, Kristii! I'm always willing to try new sugar cookie recipes and these look divine!! Hugs, Darnell