Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge: Grab & Craft

Good evening dear friends!! I'm so excited that I was able to get home early enough tonight to participate in one of the Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenges!!  I can't tell you how good it feels to get a little crafty during this busy work season!!  I see a little light at the end of the tunnel, but still have a lot to do!! I will try to get in as much crafty time as possible!!  Here is the challenge:
The-challenge
Since we introduced the return of the Grab Bag today, we thought it would be fun to do a "Grab & Craft" challenge!  So, set a timer for 5 minutes and *grab* supplies for your project. Don't think about it too much, just grab what inspires you!  But don't grab too much!  You need to utilize everything you grab to create a project!
And here's my take on the challenge:
 I tell you what, this was a hard challenge for me!! I thought it might be a good time to make a male themed card since it was a quick grab and go challenge and I am pretty happy with the results!! I grabbed my favorite PTI Happy die, a PTI Wreath For All Seasons birthday stamp, a wooden arrow, a black marker and ink pad along with a PTI banner die.  I also grabbed some Stamper's Select White paper and PTI black cardstock and patterned paper.
I die cut the "happy" out of black cardstock and the banner twice out of Stamper's Select Cardstock.  Then I die cut a 2 inch strip of patterned paper and glued it to the top of a white panel.  I stamped "birthday" right under the patterned strip and then I layered the two banner die cuts and adhered them to the patterned strip.  I colored the wooden arrow with the black marker and adhered it to the white panel and attached the happy to the top of the banner.  I layered the embellished white panel on top of a black card base and voila, 5 minutes later my card was finished!!  It will be perfect for my dad whose birthday is in two weeks!!  Thanks PTI for the inspiration!!

Thanks for stopping by!!  See you at the next challenge!!
Kristii

1 comment:

Connie MacFarlane said...

Absolutely fabulous Kristii! I love clean and simple cards and this one is perfection.